Welcome to TechWhirl Forums

Sign in or Register to get involved in our discussions.

Book Review: “Word Up!” Is a Goldmine of Easy and Fun Writing Wisdom

TechWhirl WebsiteTechWhirl Website United StatesPosts: 396 admin
edited September 2013 via Wordpress in Content Management
imageBook Review: “Word Up!” Is a Goldmine of Easy and Fun Writing Wisdom

I was expecting to like Marcia Riefer Johnston’s book, Word Up! How to Write Powerful Sentences and Paragraphs (And Everything You Build from Them), But then I was also thinking, “Who needs yet another book on grammar? Is it worth buying and reading?” Turns out the answers are “me” and “yes!” Let’s take a look at a few of the items that resonated with me.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GeorgeFlarianGeorgeFlarian United StatesPosts: 16
    Thanks for sharing such awsome book
  • KenKen United StatesPosts: 1
    I found Marcia's book Word Up! to be very informative, practical, and entertaining. If you pick up a copy, you will have access to her abundant tips to make your writing pop. Word Up! is an excellent resource! (If you are aspiring to write better, Word Up! is definitely worth adding to your library - even if you are not a full time writer.) The companion website is also a masterpiece.

If you write for multiple languages and your text is translated, Word Up! provides you with the means to write clearly, concisely, and with a tremendously positive impact on the bottom line that will make management take notice. It may even be the best tool in the toolbox to justify  a raise!