Welcome to TechWhirl Forums

Sign in or Register to get involved in our discussions.

Online Meeting Tools and Technical Communication Teams

TechWhirl WebsiteTechWhirl Website United StatesPosts: 396 admin
edited September 2013 via Wordpress in Technical Writing and Communications
imageOnline Meeting Tools and Technical Communication Teams

Here at TechWhirl, we use a lot of neat technology to make our collaborations and meetings as easy and efficient as possible. The reality is, thanks to the wide availability of the internet, we can work anywhere at any time without the need of meeting in a physical or centralized office. Without a physical location to meet, we technical communicators need a central location to conduct business and have virtual "face-to-face" meetings

Read the full story here

Comments

• Will KellyWill Kelly Posts: 1 ✭✭
    via Wordpress
    I am a huge fan of Adobe Connect but recently wrote an article about iMeet (www.imeet.com). While my article focused on the iPad app, I found the whole platform to be very usable and responsive. iMeet really did their homework upfront when designing their platform.
  • rickrick Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    BigBlueButton (www.bigbluebutton.com) is a nice opensource alternative
  • KateKate Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    LiveMinutes would be a great one to add to this list! Free online meeting and virtual collaboration all in one, plus automatic recording of the meetings for mp3 and/or pdf minutes. http://liveminutes.com
  • MeetingReviewsMeetingReviews Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Adobe connect is a wonderful tool. I have done comparison here with Gotomeeting & Webex of Adobe Connect here: http://www.onlinemeetingreviews.com/compare/
  • Roger RenteriaRoger Renteria Posts: 4 ✭✭
    via Wordpress
    iMeet looks promising! I'll have to try it out some time!
    via Wordpress
    This open source alternative seems pretty neat. Do you need to have an IT team or someone who is computer savvy to set the server up?
    via Wordpress
    Having the ability to record a meeting is an awesome feature that every online meeting tool should have! I will have to check this service out as well!
  • Great article, Roger. I'd like to suggest Mikogo for your comparision chart. It has a lot of great features and is a good choice for online meetings. Our website is www.mikogo.com. Check it out and let us know what you think!