Welcome to TechWhirl Forums

Sign in or Register to get involved in our discussions.

Technical Communication in the Next Decade: Think "Adaptive" and Deliver "Multi-" (Adobe STC Pre-Con

TechWhirl WebsiteTechWhirl Website United StatesPosts: 396 admin
edited September 2013 via Wordpress in Technical Writing and Communications
imageTechnical Communication in the Next Decade: Think "Adaptive" and Deliver "Multi-" (Adobe STC Pre-Conference Session Summary)

Somehow, I never really thought of a pre-conference session as one of those can’t-miss, full house events. I am happy to rework my thinking after attending Adobe’s Thought Leadership & Content Strategy event that took place prior to the start of the STC Summit 2012 in Chicago. The well-known leaders Adobe brought together spoke to a standing room only crowd (really!) on the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead for technical communicators in the next decade. It was facilitated by Tom Aldous, Director of Business Development and Product Evangelism for Adobe Technical Communication. While there were some differences of opinion and prediction, consensus revolved around one key phrase—"Adaptive Content"—and one prefix that can be attached to much of the technical communication strategy and tactics that will emerge over the next decade—"Multi-."

Read the full story here

Comments

• DerekDerek Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I'm surprised that nothing was said about social as a key strategy. It's as if we're trying to collectively ignore the fact that more and more businesses are taking advantage of their communities as emerging resources of self-help. I'm equally surprised that MindTouch TCS was not advertised here.

Thanks for a great summary/write up as I could not attend these events!